I lost 20 pounds in about 5 months by eating healthy & changing my lifestyle. Loose Skin or Fat? (photo)

I lost 20 pounds in about 5 months by eating healthy & changing my lifestyle. I've always had this pouch just above the pubic area, even when I was overweight. It has gotten smaller, but still remains. When I lie down, my stomach & the "pouch" go completely flat. But when I stand it protrudes out & when I bend over it kind of droops down. It doesn't really feel like loose skin because it's plump and thick. I know I still have a lot of fat to lose. Is this loose skin? (I'm 20 with lots of sub q fat)

Loose Skin or Fat?

+1

The photos demonstrate the excess skin from your successful weight loss. But at age 20 might be too young to consider a mini tummy tuck. I might consider Smart lipo Triplex/CELLULAZE to the lower abdomen as a first option. Thougfh quite expensive if it works and decreases the fat and smooths/tightens the skin than a few small incisions make it a great value. If unhappy after this option you can always consider the incision of a mini Tummy Tuck. Good luck. 

Do I have loose skin or excess fat in my abdomen?

+1

Judging from your photos it appears that you have excess skin and not excess fat in the abdomen. This would suggest that you would need a TT to correct this problem. But you need to be examined by a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and discuss with you the ramifications involved with a TT. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Loose skin or fat?

+1

Your history and photos suggest that you have loose skin.  In order for you to get a treatment plan that makes sense to your situation, make an appointment for a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area. Get a 2nd or 3rd opinion if you feel you need it.  All options available have trade offs (like scars, dimpling, lax skin, etc.) so you need to choose an option with the trade off you can live with.  Best of luck to you. 

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin or Fat?

+1

You are demonstrating loose skin. You look quite slim, but if you have more weight to lose, don't interrupt your progress.

Most likely a full tummy tuck would be the best choice as there is probably loose skin above the navel too.  Liposuction would not be an acceptable option.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.