Can I Remove the Loose Skin on my Backside and Thighs in One Surgery and What Scars Would I Have?

I am male, 28 year old and lost 140lb over 10 years ago. This left loose skin across my body. I have had a gynaecomastia procedure and full abdominoplasty. I still have loose skin on my backside and thighs which I would like removed. Can this be done in one surgery and where would the scars be located? Thank you for your assistance.

Contouring procedures

+1

Congratulations on losing so much weight and being stable for awhile!  Your question is very reasonable.  After such weight loss, you can understand that you have a lot of loose skin.  Depending on your weight loss, people after bariatric surgery may need body lift, breast lift/augmentation, arm lift, thigh lift, and/or facelift.  Obviously you cannot get too many surgery at the same time as you have to think about the safe of surgery and recovery.  You should limit to about 8 hours of surgery. You should think about which area in your body bothers you the most.  For most people, they start with body lift as the result can give you a big difference.  Also, research on a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who has specialized in body contouring procedure after weight loss.  Best wishes.

Thigh Lifting and Back Lipectomy?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.

You may benefit from thigh  lifting as well as back/flank lipectomy surgery. Depending on your medical condition and physical examination this may be able to be done in one stage or may be more  safely done in two stages.

Consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Body Lift & Thigh Lift

+1

The procedure that describe for your back is essentially completion of a body lift since you already underwent an abdominoplasty.  This would improve the excess skin of your lateral thighs and buttocks in addition to the back.  This procedure could be done in conjunction with a medial thigh lift, but it would be safer to have them staged and performed in two separate operations.  The scars would be comparable to the scars that you had with your previous surgery, but you have enough excess skin in the lateral thighs that a scar extending down the thigh would likely be needed here and would be visible if wearing shorts, etc.

John Whitt, MD