Loose Skin Around Eyes After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty procedure 10 days ago. I experienced severe swelling around my eyes which peaked at 72 hours. The skin around my eyes is currently discolored and there is no swelling. However I have noticed that the skin is very loose around the eyes, I now have permanent crows feet. I am in my early twenties and didn't have wrinkles prior to surgery. Is this side effect permanent, are there supplements/ creams I can use to speed up the healing process? Will the skin eventually tighten?

Rhinoplasty Recovery & Loose Skin

+1

Typically, 10 days after surgery is much to soon to know if there is an issue. Give yourself several weeks before you make an assumption and see your doctor for all post-operative check ups. This is why most physicians require a 30 day, 3 mth, 6th mth and one year post operative appointments to track your healing process. 

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin Around Eyes After RhinoPlasty #nosejob

+1

Fortunately it does not work the way you are describing. You don't just get crows feet after a procedure. You either had them before but never really paid attention to them. Most likely what is happening is that you have a lot of swelling still from you surgery and that is making them more prominent. Over the next 6-8 weeks most of that will resolve. I have found that when a person has facial cosmetic surgery you start to really look at yourself under a microscope and see things that you never saw before. I am sure this will resolve. Give it time. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Crow's feet 10 days after rhinoplasty

+1

2 possibilities.  1.  you are only 10 days after surgery and the swelling around your nose/cheeks is giving you temporary crow's feet.  after the swelling resolves, your eyes will return to normal.  2.  you had crow's feet before surgery, but didn't examine your face as carefully until you had surgery.  Give yourself some time to heal, I have a feeling when the edema resolves you'll be just fine.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD