Loose Skin After Tummy Tuck Normal?

I had a Tummy Tuck 7 weeks ago. I am petite and in good shape, I am 41 and have had 4 children. Had Lipo 3 years ago left me with skin and still a small pooch. The pooch is gone and stomach is flat but when I bend over or suck stomach in I still have wrinkly skin and stretch marks seem worse maybe from the pullying? The insicion that was made is very low and Im happy about that but very upset about the skin. Also my stomach feels like the muscels have weekend. Is this normal?

Tummy tuck results

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, but without a picture it would be hard to comment.  I will tell you that when people bend over almost everyone will have some slack in the skin as it is under less tension.  In terms of the muscle repair, it should not loosen so easily.  Please speak frankly to surgeon about your results and remember it is still early in your result and some thing can still improve.

Wrinkled abdominal skin when bending over is normal

+1

Dear Jennyb,

It is hard to give a definitive answer without physical examination and a photograph.

Nonetheless, if you stand up straight (with a normal posture) and you have a flat tummy free of "wrinkly skin as you have mentioned", then the results are commendable especially that 7 weeks post-op is still within the recovery period.

Having a wrinkled abdominal skin when you bend over is normal for many people even with an optimal lean physique.

As for your abdominal muscles, certain tension is applied to tighten them. So feeling a reasonable weakness at 7 weeks post-surgery is not alarming.

Best of wished to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Loose abdominal skin is normal

+1

Even Body builders have some loose skin in the abdominal area when they bend or sit down. the skin and abdomen should be flat when you stand up straight.

Can skin be loose after tummy tuck

+1

If your skin is snug and the contour of your abdomen good when you stand your tummy tuck result will be a good one. The low scar is our goal as well. When you bend forward it just may be that the elasticity of the skin is very poor, possibly why the tummy tuck came to be in the first place. For some, the skin may wrinkle a bit when bending or standing, but you need enough to stand up comfortably.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Post tummy tuck excess skin

+1

I would suspect that your surgeon tightened the skin as much as possible with the tummy tuck.  Too tight and you will have wound issues.  All patients will appear to have some excess skin with bending but the position upright is the one that is most important.  You also have some swelling and contour issues in the early post op period.  These should improve with time.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Still loose skin after TT

+1

Dear jennyb,

you are still in the post-operative period and there may still be some swelling of the skin and underlying tissues. your muscles feel weak because most likely there were sutured together tighter.

Check with your surgeon when you can return to exercise but in theory at 7 weeks, you should be cleared.

give yourself a full 6 months post-operatively.

Sincerely,

F. Mussat MD