Loose Skin After TT?

I had a full TT but two months post op there is suddenly lots loose skin in the upper half. I say suddenly but there was some looseness there immediately post-op. A reverse tummy tuck seems an option but I am wondering if re-doing the tummy tuck from below, closing the existing belly button opening and then making a new one is possible.

Loose skin after tummy tuck.

+1

Loose skin in the upper abdomen is fairly uncommon after a tummy tuck. Typically, some laxity may appear near the incision line. Performing a reverse tummy tuck is not recommended due to concerns about blood supply to the skin. It's likely best to wait at least 6 months or more and reevaluate the situation. A revision tummy tuck is likely going to be your best bet if the laxity persists.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after tummy tuck

+1

It's quite uncommon to have loose skin so soon after your tummy tuck. If you experience loose skin right after surgery then perhaps the skin excision was inadequate? A Repeat tummy tuck is possible if you have enough skin to advance downward. Reverse tummy tuck is possible but will result in significant additional scar at breast fold. It's best that you get a in-person evaluation before deciding which option is best for you.

Sincerely,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Loose Skin After TT?

+1

Good question. But hard to give a response without some photos, which are useful, not not nearly as much as is an actual in person exam. 

Either of your proposed options may be possible. For option two (repeat tt), there would still need to be enough excess skin such that the skin from the upper abdomen down to the navel could stretch and reach the incision. This would be rather unusual two months after a full TT.  Option one (reverse TT) can be done, but with new incisions and scars.

Consider adding some post op photos for better advice from this site. Do discuss with your surgeon the issues and options. Thanks for your question, and best wishes.