Loose Skin After Pregnancies Thermage Vs. Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hello, What are my options for my loose skin after having two children? I am 29 years old and had my youngest baby 17 months ago. I work out and do not have much fat on my stomach. My belly button has popped out more since having my first child and the skin did not really go back down. I have been considering Body by Thermage or even a mini tuck. I would rather do the less invasive laser, but don't want to waste $3k on a laser that doesn't work. Thank you for your response!

Thermage v mini tuck

+2
The photos are ambiguous but Thermage will not produce the degree of tightening that you are seeking. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Loose Skin After Pregnancies Thermage Vs. Mini Tummy Tuck?

+2

The Thermage treatment may give you a little improvement, but probably not. If you really want a change to a younger tighter looking abdomen it requires a tummy tuck.

+2

Again the posted photos are very hard to interpret. Best to be seen in person by a boarded PSs in your area. Thermage would be a waste of your time and your $'s. 

Tummy tuck

+2

From the picture you have posted, it looks like you would benefit from a tummy tuck. Looks like you some muscle damage and thermage will not correct that. I would check with your PS and see if a mini or a full tummy would be the best for you.

Tummy Tuck

+2

Based on your picture, you need a full tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck or just liposuction will leave you very disappointed.  Thermage will be a waste of money in your case.  

Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Tummy Tuck Options

+1

I do not think you are a candidate for thermage.  I would recommend a full tummy tuck.   Thank you for you question.    It is difficult to give accurate recommendation without an in office exam.  When I evaluate the abdomen, I assess:

1.  The amount of loose skin

2.  The volume of fatty tissue
3.  The degree of muscle laxity.

I evaluate this in each of 3 areas:
1.  Upper Abdomen

2.  Area around the Belly Button
3.  Lower Abdomen

MINI TUMMY TUCK: If a patient has loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity limited to the Lower Abdomen, then I recommend the mini tummy tuck.  In order to qualify for this, the patient must have good skin and muscle tone in their upper abdomen and area around the belly button.   I will frequently perform liposuction of these areas with my Mini Tummy Tuck to enhance the overall contour.

FULL TUMMY TUCK:  this is for patients who have loose skin and muscle laxity of the upper abdomen, belly button area, and lower abdomen.   This procedure tightens all 3 areas with a bikini line incision.   I often encorporate liposuction with my full tummy tuck as I feel it offers a superb end result.
EXTENDED TUMMY TUCK:  This works well for patients who have loose skin that extends over the hip bone into the flank area.   I will perform extensive liposuction and skin excision to the hip and flank area combined with full tummy tuck.

BODY LIFT/BELT LIPECTOMY:  this is essentially a 360 degree tummy tuck which involves removal of loose skin and fatty tissue of the lower back and buttocks, in addition to the extended tummy tuck.
I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!!

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com