Loose Saggy Butt As Result of Cellulaze? Thanks Very Much for Your Reply.

A couple of RealSelf Cellulaze reviewers have noted they have loose and saggy skin on their butt (which causes their butt to look/feel saggy) several months after the Cellulaze procedure. Can you please comment on this. Obviously the majority of patients do not have this side-effect. So what is the variable? Is this an issue of the surgeon's technique? I have read that a lipo of posterior thigh will produce a saggy butt...but Cellulaze is not lipo. What can I do to avoid this from happening?

Saggy Butt As a Result of Cellulaze?

+2

I have not heard of this being a problem and certainly have not observed it in any of our patients. 

You are correct that Cellulaze is not Liposuction, although it is a sort or technologically modified version of a laser liposuction probe. It is well know that liposuction of the buttock or posterior thigh can produce a saggy butt appearance, so potentially over aggressive use of Cellulaze could have the potential to create this problem. Our experience has been that Cellulaze treatment results in modest to significant tightening of the skin in all areas treated. 

Perhaps these reviewers were not the best candidates for Cellulaze, or had over inflated expectations. Suggest you find someone with more experience with the device. 

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Sagging butt as result of Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze of the buttocks should not result in loose skin. The Cellulaze procedure takes away cellulite while making the skin smoother and thicker. Follow up with your surgeon that you are healing correctly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Correction of cellulaze complications with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment - Los Angeles

+1

I have seen a few complications from Cellulaze and at this point would recommend the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as a longlasting solution to cellulite on the hips, buttocks, and thighs. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Saggy butt after Cellulaze

+1

Thanks for your question.  Traditional liposuction beneath the buttocks is a cautious procedure as the cannula can disrupt the fibrous tissue.  With Cellulaze the fat is broken down, but the fibrous tissue is spared.  The skin tightening, however,  takes time to show.  If these same patients are re-evaluated 9-12 months after their original procedure, you would more than likely see a different comment by them.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Saggy Buttocks Following Cellulaze

+1

Saggy buttocks or loose skin should not be the result of Cellulaze treatment when it is done properly.  Since Cellulaze is primarily directed at tightening and thickening the skin, the result should be lifting and tightening, not sagging of the buttocks.  However, if liposuction is performed at the same time in the buttock this could result a deflation effect which may not be offset by the Cellulaze tightening effect.  The most common cause for sagging of the buttock after liposuction would be over treatment of the area. I have not seen this result with Cellulaze, and I am wondering if those who report sagging in the buttock region have also had liposuction of the area at the same time.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze and Saggy Butt Skin

+1

Good Question, and not an easy one. there are 2 different mechanisms in play here. Yes, with traditional lipo with larger ( 3-4mm canulas) the very unique support structure of the buttocks can be interrupted leading to looser overlying skin. Cellulaze has 2 things in its favor, one can go in this area with the 1 mm fiber with such disruption and the nature of the upward firing is clinnically proven to tighten skin. the problem could occur if there is a very larger area of cellulite on the butt to separate , thereby disrupting its native support. therefore, limite the side septal release on the butt with Cellulaze to prevent this.

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Saggy after Cellulaze

+1

It is difficult, if not impossible, to say what is happening in the cases where patients are reporting saggy skin after Cellulaze.  Cellulaze helps the appearance of cellulite and tightens the skin but in an area like the butt it is important not to over-treat an area and cause fat/volume loss.  Cellulaze can be used to melt and flatten lumpy fat but that is not ideal, or at least should be done very conservatively, in the buttocks. So, if this is in fact what happened to some patients then perhaps they may have been treated too aggressively in that area....but as I said, difficult to say.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD