Surgery for Loose Neck and Face Skin After Weight Loss?

I have recently lost 60 lbs and notice the skin on my face and neck is saggy. Can I expect it to tighten up over time or will I need surgical intervention? I am a 53 year old woman with no other extreme sagging.

Thank you,
Meg

Facial Skin Tightening

+2

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

You might need a face and neck lift

+1

People have facial cosmetic surgery at all different ages. Sometimes they start in their 40s and sometimes 60s - if you lost a lot of facial fat, you might need to have a lift to tighten what you have. Get a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.