How Do I Loose my Belly Pouch? (photo)

I have always had that small belly pouch and it won't go away. I'm 20 right now and have been pretty active my whole life. I have done competitive cheer, 30-40 hours a week of conditioning/gymnastics etc, since I was till I was 17. Now, I try to go to the gym as much as I can. I did a bootcamp for a month. I also run a lot. I usually try to run 4 miles 2-3 days a week... if i can 5, but it's hard with school and work. what do i do? please tell me how to get ride of this!

Belly Pouch Consider CoolSculpting Complete

+1

CoolSculpting is an ideal treatment for reducing fat in specific areas. It is an FDA cleared device for fat loss with no surgery and no downtime. CoolSculpting freezes fat cells so they are eliminated by the body. CoolSculpting selectively seeks out fat cells without affecting surrounding cells or tissues.

Coolsculpting complete adds vibrational therapy and mechanical massage to enhance the effects of the treatment

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Belly Bulge Correction

+1

Thank you for your question and photo. My suggestions --

• Your tummy bulge is not fat. Do not try liposuction!
  • Your photo suggests an umbilical hernia. You can be born with this or it can come from previous surgery or injury.
  • Or it may be a weakness in the tummy muscle (rectus diastasis).
  • Please see a Board Certified Surgeon, in Plastic or General Surgery to have this fixed. Insurance should cover the procedure.
  • Congratulations on staying so fit. You don't need to do more! Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

How Do I Loose my Belly Pouch?

+1

Try Smart Lipo Triplex to are. Seek in person evaluations with qualified Smart Lipo docs in your area. 

This could be easily treated with localized liposuction, BUT only if this bulge is not a hernia or other pathology!

+1

You are extremely thin, athletic, and fit (good for you!) so this stubborn protrusion is understandably concerning. Please see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons (many of whom are fully-trained and board-certified General Surgeons) for a complete history and physical examination to ensure that this is indeed fat and not something else (like a hernia or tumor)!

If in fact this is simply localized diet- and exercise-resistant fat, small-cannula liposculpture, ultrasonic liposuction, or even SmartLipo (for this kind of localized collection this is actually a reasonable choice, but not for larger areas of much more fat) can flatten this out nicely. Your surgeon should not be overly aggressive so as to avoid ridging or unnatural skin adherence to the underlying fascia, and should also be careful to avoid damage to the subdermal area of the skin to minimize surface rippling or wrinkling.

Coolsculpting, Exilis, or other non-surgical options can make (modest) improvements in this area, but your overall physique may be better served by expert surgery, and a small area such as this can often be done under local or local plus sedation. Don't think that because it's a small area of fat that you don't need an expert in liposuction (ABPS-certified plastic surgeon); in fact, there is so much less room for error in a patient such as you that this is even more critical, IMHO. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Belly Pouch

+1

From your describtion, sounds like you are very fit and I do not see accumulation of extra fat in the other parts of your body. If you lie flat on your back and protrusion disappears, you most likely have some weakness in the upper part  of your abdominal muscles which could be repaired surgically. A physical exam would help the diagnosis. 

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Loose belly pouch?

+1

You really need an exam in person. it is hard to tell from a single photo what is causing your protrusion. If there is fat, then maybe lipo. If it is from weak muscles or spine issues then there may or may not be different options.

Liposuction can go hand-in-hand with exercise for body shaping

+1

You appear to be doing 'your part' to keep yourself fit with diet and exercise. I'd suggest some liposuction to the abdomen to optimize your contours.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Liposuction for Lower Abdomen

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, if you have a stubborn area of fat on your lower abdomen, liposuction will be very helpful.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Smartlipo or CoolSculpting

+1

You are in terrific shape.  Small areas of fat, such as in your case, can be treated with Smarlipo for around a 50% reduction (but a minimally invasive procedure) or treated with CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting is non-surgical but can improve that area by about 25% in women.  Since there is no downtime with CoolSculpting, you can go right back to working out the next day instead of having to take 7-10 days off post Smartlipo.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Lipo Great for Pooch

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  You are in good shape. This small area of excess fat can be significantly improved with laser lipo to the area under local anesthesia in the office. Good luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon