Loose Abd. Skin Following Gastric Bypass, What Can I Do? (photo)

History: Gastric bypass, lost 100lbs. Age 50. Currently at a stable wt of 120 at 5ft 2in. Issue: Overall skin laxity. Abdomen bothers me the most. Sagging skin below belly button and fat pocket and skin above...even with lower body weight. What is the best approach to manage this? I have no medical issues from the skin. The legs can be covered and breats can end up ok with a decent bra so fixing that is not a priority.

Tummy tuck after massive weight loss

+3

You present an ideal situation.  Now that you are thin intra-abdominally, reduction of the extra skin can be done with a tummy tuck.  Sagging skin over the hips and low back may need to be dealt with. You have done an excellent job.  Stable weight maintenance is critical.

Loose Abd. Skin Following Gastric Bypass, What Can I Do?

+1
From the pictures, it appears that you will be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  Consideration can also be made for a lower body lift to change the skin and contours all the way around instead of just the front, abdominal, section.  Congratulations on the progress so far.

Tummy tuck After gastric bypass.

+1
You are an ideal candidate for an extended abdominoplsty (tummy tuck) to get read of all the loose skin and possibly repair the abdominal wall which also gets loose after wait loss and pregnancy. The word extended means that the skin excision extends to the sides of your hips to avoid dog ears and give you a smooth results. I don't think there is any other way to do this. You can expect great results if you find an experienced plastic surgeon. See my web site for photos of similar cases at betterplasticsurgery.com.
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Lower Body Lift

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. Congratulations on your weight loss and keeping it off. From your photos, it looks like you could have a tummy tuck but would probably like a complete circumferential lower body lift. To be sure you qualify and are medically fit, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Loose Skin

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  If you have significant laxity on your hips and buttocks, you will benefit more from a circumferential body lift procedure more than from just a full abdominoplasty.

You wil need full tummy tuck or body lift

+1

You have a great result from the weight loss surgery and the final stage is tummy tuck or body lift.You can get a great result. Please check my web site for examples.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Gastric Bypass

+1

Based on your pictures, it looks like you would benefit from a full abdominoplasty / tummy tuck.  Any mini procedure will leave you with loose skin.  Since you have loose skin above and below your belly button, the full procedure would be necessary.  Also, although not evident in the pictures, my guess is that you would benefit from a muscle plication (tightening) to achieve the best contour.

Good Luck and congrats on the weight loss.

Web reference: http://www.shaferplasticsurgery.com

Full tummy tuck recommended

+1

Congratulations on your stable weight loss! Based on your photographs, a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) extended to include the sides would give you a great result. The operation should improve the hanging skin, giving you a flatter abdomen. Good luck.

+1

Your loose hanging skin is a reminder of the OLD you. The best way to get rid of it is see one or more Plastic surgeons who enjoy doing Post-Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery Body Contouring Surgery. You can have as much or as little as you want. Most women begin with a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty). The operation will get rid of ALL the loose, hanging skin giving you a flat tummy, narrow waist and smoother upper thighs.

Good Luck.

Tummy Tuck after Massive Wight Loss?

+1

You should be congratulated on what you have achieved;  you have done all that can be done without surgical intervention. You are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  This procedure will serve to remove the excess skin and adipose tissue of the abdomen as well as “tighten up” the abdominal wall muscles.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/weightloss.htm