Evolence Vs. Restylane: Which is Longer Lasting?

I am a 45 year old, African American female living in New York, and have been getting Restylane injections in the nasolabial folds and lips every 8 months for the past three years. I don't know why, but it seems like my body absorbs the material so quickly that the results start to fade within a few months. I am terribly disappointed with the results after three months and was wondering if Evolence would be a better choice for me? If not Evolence, what would you recommend? I want something long lasting, with minimal bruising and swelling.

How long should Restylane last in the Lips and Smile Lines?

+1

If you want to get the same product injected into both areas (which may minimize the cost), then we would suggest sticking with Restylane or Juvederm. We avoid using longer lasting (and non-hyaluronic acid based) fillers in the lips because the injections are not reversible. Evolence is one filler that is not reversible and may have a higher incidence of nodule formation in the lips.

In regard to duration, we find that Restylane and Juvederm will last about 6 months when injected into the laugh lines and about 3-4 months in the lips. This is because of the constant movement of the lips. These durations presume that you have been injected to "full correction", which means that you have enough product injected to start.

You have to fill the tank with filler to get long term results

+1

When patients are dissapointed about the longevity of a particular filler, I like to review how much filler was used. A full correction with any filler should last longer than 3 months, so that begs the question, how many syringes of Restylane were used? I typically use 2 syringes (2cc total volume) for smile lines. Because lips are so mobile, I advise my patients not to expect much more than 3 months of correction, but smile lines should be fine for at least 6 months. You might not have to switch fillers, just use more. In the FDA study that allowed Juvederm Ultra Plus to have a 1 year longevity label, patients recieved on average 1.5cc of filler PER side, so the equivalent of 3cc for both smile lines. Ask your Facial Plastic Surgeon if more filler is appropriate in the future. Hope this helps.

Scott M. Gayner, MD
Harrisburg Facial Plastic Surgeon

Evolence vs Restylane and long lasting filler options for cheeks and lips

+1

There are some permanent fillers which have been available and will be available. However, many physicians raise concerns about these and none are currently recommended. Off label use is currently the only option.

Evolence is currently not a popular choice for the lips.

Fat injection is one potential solution that provides long term correction but it is minor surgery and you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Try radiesse

+1

Evolence does claim to have minimal bruising and swelling but the results do not last as long as some other fillers.

Radiesse may be a good option for you for long lasting result, typically lasting more than a year.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon