Longevity of Under Eye Wrinkle and Sagging Neck Treatment Results?

I had a lower and upper Blepharoplasty 8 years ago. I was very happy amazed with the results, but now, I look bad due to under eye bags again. Upper eyelids still look pretty good so far. I also had laser treatment on wrinkles around my eyes (very painful) and now I would like to have an under eye wrinkle treatment again. I also have a sagging neck with wrinkles, with jowls (hereditary) and chin sagging starting to show. I am 52. How long will the results from these treatments likely last?

Smile Lines and the Necklace of Venus

+1

Thanks for attaching a photo. The eyelid skin is the thinnest skin in the body and will tend to display wrinkles, even after eyelid lifts and laser therapy. Have you every tried Botox in minute doses around the crow's feet lines? I usually pre-treat my patients, prior to doing either laser or light based therapies around the lower eyelids for the following rationale: by disconnecting, even temporarily the orbicularis oculi (eye sphicter) muscle, while you are healing from the light therapy, wound healing will proceed with less pleats.

As far as a neck lift and lower facelift is concerned, the results should last at least 10-15 years, assuming that you continue to enjoy good health and don't gain and loose weight, excessively. I have many face(neck) lift patients who are satisfied with one operation, usually scheduled when they have exhausted other measures (make-up, fillers).

The 21st century facelift patient is generally in their early 50's, which is almost a decade younger than my father's (who was also a plastic surgeon) patients. I think this reflects that generation's desire to intervene when their health is still good and thus slow down the aging process. I completely agree that it is better to be proactive and enjoy the results as long as possible. On the other hand, the horizontal creases on the front of the neck, euphemistically known as the "necklace of Venus" is something we haven't yet got a solution for.