What is the Longest Lasting Nose Injection?

I am considering nasal bridge augmentation and I am wondering what filler is the longest lasting and most cost effective? I have had mixed reviews about Radiesse.

Restylane and Juvederm are my preference, even though they are not the longest lasting

+1

The two main options are Radiesse and hyaluronic acids (Retylane and Juvederm).  My preference is to use HAs because they are REVERSIBLE and still have fairly good longevity of over 1 year.

Artefill is the longest lasting---it's permanent.

+1

Artefill is permanent. And Artefill has FDA approval as a cosmetic injectable filler (for the nasolabial folds), whereas Silikon-1000 has no FDA-approved use cosmetically. On the other hand, many physicians have used Silikon-1000 with good results, but I would argue that it's even more technique sensitive than Artefill.

Radiesse is a great choice for those who want a long-lasting filler (maybe 2 years or so in the nose) but are not yet comfortable with a permanent filler.

In any of these cases, though, it's important to be sure that non-surgical treatment of the nose is a better option than surgical rhinoplasty. Many problems with nasal disproportion simply can't be fixed with injectables alone. However, an isolated dent or asymmetry, a low radix, etc. are often good places for long-lasting or permanent fillers.

And since technique and judgment is very important, I recommend that patients seeking non-surgical rhinoplasty consult with a surgeon competent in surgical rhinoplasty as well, since they tend to have a better understanding of the relevant nasal anatomy and what can and can't be fixed with fillers.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silikon-1000 is an "off-label" permanent filler that works well in the nose.

+1

If you're looking for an FDA approved filler for your Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty, you could consider Radiesse. The product is long lasting, and works well in the bridge of the nose.

I have been using Silikon-1000 for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures for 10 years with teriffic results. If you would consider this, you should find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the micro-droplet technique of Silikon-1000 administration.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty page for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal dorsum augmentation

+1

I have found that the Radiesse lasts the longest with the least amount of problems. I had one patient where it lasted almost 15months, but the average is about 9-12 months.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon