Best Approach to Make Nose Longer?

I have consulted two doctors, but both of them seem like they don't have experience for this kind of nose surgery (adding cartilage to make it longer). So I was thinking, how about adding a nose implant to make my nose longer? Or, perhaps non-surgical type, by injecting filler on the tip of my nose? Do u think these two ways could work?

Nasal lenghtening during Rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty to lengthen a nose is usually done by adding cartilage (septal, ear, or rib) extending beyond the end of the septum. These are called septal extension grafts, however, the limiting factor may be skin shortage that limits the degree of improvement. Fillers are a not a great idea for lenghtening the nose so I would not recommend that. Best of luck.

Making your nose longer

+1

The surgical techniques required to lengthen the nose are relatively advanced as these maneuvers are not commonly done (most people need to shorten their nose). However, there are very reliable methods of doing this surgically and you should find a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to help you. The other methods you mentioned can help as long as the amount of change desired is minor. Personally, I would not recommend an implant for this situation. Good luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.