Can It Take Longer Than 5 Months for Breast Implants to Settle if the Muscle is Strong?

Breast Implants "Settling”?

+1

Yes,  I have seen implants " settle"  for up to a year after breast augmentation surgery. Variables include strength of the pectoralis muscle, size of the breast implant used, and the amount of dissection done in the area of lower poles of the breasts.

How long does it take for breast implants to settle

+1

It can take up to six months for breast implants to "settle".  Even if your pectoral muscles are very strong, they will relax by this time period and your implants will look and feel more natural. Massaging the implants during this time period will  help expedite the process.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD