How Long After Rhinoplasty Will my Tip Be Reducing in Length?

I had a rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago and I am concerned at how long my tip is. It is slightly longer than I was hoping. Will it reduce in length over time? Or am I stuck with this length?

Tip size after rhinoplasty

+1

Since it has only been 4 weeks since your surgery, you are still experiencing a lot of swelling. Try to be patent. Over the next few months the swelling will continue to go down. The complexity of the surgery, manipulation of the tip, and thickness of the skin will also influence the amount of swelling. True results are generally not visible until about 1 year after rhinoplasty. As the swelling goes down, the length will most likely decrease as well.

Post-op Reduction in Nasal Length

+1

Significant swelling may cause the appearance of a long, heavy nose, especially 4 weeks after surgery. This will change as you heal; hopefully you will see the result you want. 

How long for tip length to stabilize

+1

At this early stage in the healing process you should see continued reduction in skin swelling. The swelling usually evolves over the first 12 months after rhinoplasty. As the tip swelling comes down the tip length should reduce as well.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip length and swelling

+1

More than likely you are maximally swollen at this point.  Give it time, it may take six months or longer to see whether the tip comes down to your satisfaction.