How Long Should U Be out of Work After a Full TT?

Return to Work After Tummy Tuck

+2

This depends on what you do for work.  Typically, you can return to work 2 weeks after surgery especially if you perform administrative type of duties.  If you job requires more vigorous physical activity then your return to work may be 4 weeks after surgery.  If limitations could be placed on vigorous activity then return to work could be sooner.

Dr. ES 

How long out of work for a full tummy tuck

+1

It depends on what you do for a living. I would say that most are returning to work in 10-14 days. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Time out of work after a Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

I tell my patients that full healing requires 4-6 weeks. That being said, depending on what you do for work, you may be able to return in perhaps a part time capacity in a week or two. My best advice to you would be to have a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon so that you may have all of your questions answered based upon more detailed information that you provide your surgeon.
Good luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

How Long Should you be Out of Work After a Full Tummy Tuck ...

+1

First of all thank you for the question.  Returning to work after a Tummy Tuck depends on a couple different factors.  It depends on what type of job you do and how quickly you are off of pain medication.  If you have a more labored position and have to do a lot of bending, twisting, and lifting you might plan on taking 4 weeks off or returning with restrictions.  If you have more of a desk job generally you may return to work in 2 weeks as long as you are off of medication.  However, full recovery takes about 8-12 weeks.  Best of Luck!

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery takes about 2 weeks

+1

Thank you for the question.  Recovery will vary depending on whether muscle tightening is performed and what type of work you do.  In general, most patients are able to stop taking pain medications at the 2-3 week time frame and begin to drive and return to work.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Recovery after tummy tuck

+1

The recovery form a tummy tuck will vary by person and the demands of their job.  I have had patients who work from a desk return in 3 days, but have had people who need to lift heavy weights need 4 weeks before returning to full duty.   On average, my patients take about a week off after a tummy tuck. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon