How Long Can I Begin Again Weight Training After Smartlipo? Should I Wear Compression Garment?

Compression Garments Are Helpful For Working Out The First Few Weeks After Smartlipo

+2

For both comfort and to control lymphatic swelling, compression garments are very useful after Smartlipo for several weeks. Since exercise increases the lymphatic inflow into the treated areas and the lymphatic drainage channels have been temporarily disrupted from the surgery, some significant swelling can occur. Compression garments help control that swelling. How long they should be worn after surgery varies by different plastic surgeons, but two to three weeks is usually sufficient. However, patients may continue to wear them as long as they feel better on than off.

Garments and exercise after liposuction

+2

Usually you can exercise in 2 weeks and stop wearing garments a month after liposuction but check with your own surgeon for their advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Exercise and compression garments after smartlipo

+1

Whether it is smartlipo or conventional liposuction, most doctors recommend compression garments and exercise is often allowed a couple of weeks or earlier after surgery, depending on the amount and complexity of your case and the doctor's preference.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Patients exercise 1 day after smartlipo

+1

In my experience all of my patients do low impact aerobics for the first 3 days after smartlipo and most may begin weight-lifting on the 4th day.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Working out after liposuction.

+1

Typically after a few weeks, your surgeon  will allow you to do light cardio.  You will have to wear a compression garment after surgery until your post op and depending on your unique situation, may or may not have to wear it longer.