How Long Do You Have to Wear the Garment After a Bbl?

I got a bbl done on March 24, how long should i wear the garment he gave me? He said a month but ive heard other doctors say 6 months.

Probably 3 Weeks-- Discuss with your surgeon.

Post–Operative garments for compression are frequently utilized following cosmetic surgery. These devices minimize swelling, decrease pain, decrease discomfort and help remodel tissue.
It’s important to remember that no two Brazilian butt lift patients are ever exactly alike. For this reason the use of post-operative compression garments needs to be individualized. In the vast majority of patients garments are used day and night for three weeks.
In this group of patients extreme pressure can result in fat cell death. For this reason it’s important that these devices fit snuggly, but not tightly following this procedure. In this situation the goal is to remodel the tissue not compress and remove swelling. The device utilized is actually less important than the fit of the device.
If you have questions regarding the use of post-operative compression garments, it’s important to have a discussion with your surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to provide rationale for the use of these devices.

Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift

Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.

Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas

The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

on average 2 weeks but the garment is for the lipo not the butt. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Compression garment following bbl

Following a Brazilian butt lift, compression garments are crucial for a smooth recovery and great results.  I typically advice my patients to wear their garment 24/7 for 3 weeks then 12 hours a day for the next 3 weeks, followed by a phase 2 garment. Like spanx for another 3-6 weeks.  Good luck!