How Long to Wear a Surgical Bra?

I recently got BA and was instructed to wear the surgical bra with the band for 3 months. I've read blogs and comments about other patients only being required to wear it for 2 or 6 weeks. Some were instructed not to wear a bra at all after the first week to allow the implants to drop. I kmow there isn't a consensus on this but with 350ccs, how long would it be reasonable to wear a normal sports bra? Thank you for your guidance!

Breast Augmentation - How long to wear surgical bra

+1

At the first few visits after surgery, I evaluate each patient.  If  the implant is in perfect position I recommend a bra to support the perfect location.  If the implants are high then I have different recommendations.  I don't frequently band and bra together unless I do a breast augmentation and breast lift together.  I don't recommend a jog bra or sports bra due to the direct pressure to the implant- it seems to smash everything pushing it down and out.  Every patient is different and each outcome needs to be evaluated during the healing process of about six week.  Best wishes!!

BA AND Post OP Bra

+1

Thank you,

As you heard from other surgeons, it is variable and each surgeon has his own protocol. The surgical bra with band is needed to keep the implants in its place without up-riding nor dropping in my opinion.

And that should be worn for 6 weeks and later support or any sport bra can be used for anther 6 weeks.

Remember that every case is different and the surgeon can change his protocol accordingly.

Wish you the best.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

How Long to Wear a Surgical Bra?

+1

Every surgeon has a different preference. I cannot tell from your question if this is your surgeon's custom, or if it is specifically suggested to you based on post op follow up exams.

At any rate, I would go by your surgeons recommendations over those from other docs who have not examined you. If you find the surgical bra uncomfortable, ask you surgeon about alternatives.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Hello

+1
Every practice is different. It has a lot to do with what each patient wants as a result. In our practice we tell our patients to wear a camisole for 6 weeks .

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Surgical bra after surgery

+1

There really is no set time frame like you have said. You should wear the sports bra for as long as you feel comfortable. I reccommend wearing some type of support not necessarily a sports bra to prevent earlier ptosis or bottoming out with time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS