How Long Do I Need to Wear a Retainer After Invisalign Treatment?

I'm going to get invisalings soon. My doctor said that after invisalign treatment I will have to wear retainer for at least 2 years, only at night. I did my research here, and no one mentions the time period for a retainers. Thank you, Anna

Retainers after Invisalign

+4

Anna, you are asking a great question. Assuming you are beyond growth years (usually older then 18 years old) I'd like to encourage you to wear retainers 24/7 first 6 month after Invisalign finished active (moving teeth) stage. You invested your money and time to get straight teeth and a great smile. Let's keep them for life. I want you to be prepared to wear retainers at night  for the rest of your life. With your dental health in mind.

Dr. Ayzin

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Wear your retainer as long as you want straight teeth

+3

Teeth have the possibility of changing position throughout life. This is true whether or not there has been orthodontic treatment. So, for the best insurance that your new, beautiful smile will last for a lifetime, continue to use your retainer during sleeping hours - at least several nights a week.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

How long do you want straight teeth.?

+2

I want my patients to wear there retainers for life. Wear them full time after treatment for at least 3 months and then nights only. If you detect tooth movement when they are out then go back to full time.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Retainers are for life

+2

While after 2 years of night time use, one COULD cease wearing retainers, but there are risks.  It is very likely that teeth will move, even after retainer use for two years.  The choice is personal, but my advice is to wear retainers forever.

If I told you I had magic pajamas that would keep you skinny, would you wear them?  even though they were ugly pajamas?

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

You retainer is your insurance policy- wear for life!

+2
I would recommend that you wear your retainer every night for 2 years. After that I would recommend that you wear it a few nights a week to make sure your teeth are not moving. Your retainer is your insurance policy to make sure that your teeth do not move.
New York Orthodontist