How long do you have to wear a compression garment for Neck Liposuction?

How long after a neck liposuction do you have to wear a compression garment for? Would it be 24/7 or just at night?

Neck Liposuction and Post Operative Care

+1
I have all my patients wear the garment for 3 days, 24/7 and then overnight or when home and not at work for the next 2-4 weeks.  The more the compression the quicker the swelling subsides and it helps keeps the neck contour better.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Ncek garment for submental liposuction

+1
I like patients to wear it all the time during the first few days after the procedure, then obviously when they go back to work, I prefer that they wear it at night for a few weeks.

Compression after neck liposuction

+1
Each surgeon will have their own opinion on the use of garments.  For neck liposuction, I have my patients wear their garment continuously (except while showering) for the first 5 days then at night for one more week.  Though you will find varying opinions on this site, you should always follow the instructions of your surgeon.

Lisa J. Peters, MD

Neck lipo garment

+1
Usually I have my patients wear the head wrap for 24 hrs continuously then only at night for 1 month. This way they can go to work after 1 day and nobody will know they had anything done since there is no bruising or swelling because of special foam dressings that 1st 24 hrs. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
While each plastic surgeon may have slightly different opinions, one common recommendation is wearing it 24 hours a way for the first week and then 12 hours a day the second week. It is best to follow your surgeons recommendations. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS