How long until u can wash dishes and drive after breast augmentation?

Washing Dishes and Driving After Breast Augmentation

+2

I typically tell my patients that the decision to drive is at their own discretion. As long as you are no longer taking narcotic prescription pain medication and feel that you can safely operate a vehicle, then it is fine. I would give yourself 3-5 days to recover before washing dishes and doing other light household activities. Always check with your surgeon for final recommendations.

Hope this helps!

Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

+1
You may be able to start washing dishes after about 3 days following your surgery, but that doesn't involve heavy lifting, as would be the case for big pots and pans. 3 days would also be suitable for driving as long as you aren't under the influence of pain medication, however you should ask your surgeon for their advice.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Usually 2-3 dyas

+1
Many patients after breast augmentation feel good enough to drive even 2-3 days after the procedure is done as long as they do not take any prescription pain medication. You are not allowed to drive while taking the prescription medication.
As far as taking care of you household duties, you probably feel like doing light work about the same time as being able to drive. Your energy level should be increasing from day to day. Please do remember to be careful and not to lift any heavy objects over 10 lb for about 3 weeks. Listen to your body and just go along with it.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Driving post surgery

+1

Let discretion be your guide. If it hurts don't do it and if you are limited in movement or still on pain medications do not drive.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon