How Long Do I Need to Wait?

I had 2 syringes of Juvederm XC injected under my eyes (to soften bags) and into the nasiolabial folds. There is absolutely no improvement under my eyes. My doctor said she would rather under correct rather than over correct and I agreed. How long before I can safely add more?

How long do I need to wait?

+1

As your physician mentioned, it is always better to avoid overdoing it when injecting filler, as it is easier to build on your result than it is to correct an overdone procedure. At this stage, I would recommend the following:

1) Wait around two weeks, as it can take this long for the result to be evident.
2) Consider using Restylane for the tear trough, as it has a tendency to produce the best result in that area.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume of Juvederm

+1

It really depends how much was used under the eyes and how much you need.  If your primary concern was the nasolabial folds, it is possible that most of the product was used to to correct this area and that you do indeed need more under the eyes.  But, if you just had the injections I agree to wait 10-14 days to see the full results after the product has settled and the swelling has subsided.  I like Juvederm and also like Belotero very much for this area...both are very soft and natural looking under the eyes.  Definitely let your doctor know if you are not satisfied with the results.  It's much easier to add more product than the reverse. 

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Bags under the eyes

+1

I applaud your physician for being careful in this area. I also wait two weeks before I decide if more filler is needed. It seems that in addition to infraorbital swelling, you may also had some hollowed tear troughs that may need more filling. My hyaluronic acid of choice for tear troughs is actually Redensity 2.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Under the Eyes

+1

I would suggest waiting 2 weeks before adding more Juvederm.  The issue is that Juvederm can cause some swelling under the eyes and if that happens it will look like you have bags.  Sometimes adding a little more can result in swelling.  Juvederm is a wonderful product.  However, for under the eyes, I recommend using Restylane.  It is a similar product but is much less likely to swell under the eyes.

Nancy Swartz, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and lower eyelids

+1

If you feel you need more filler then you can pretty much have it at anytime. I usually have patients wait about two weeks to allow for some swelling to go down before adding more.