How Long to Wait For Revision Reduction? (photo)

How long should I wait after Breast Reduction disaster before I seek correction of shape and size. Mine are very small very square and have a lump of skin sticking out under my arm that rubs on everything and is always very sore. I am 8 weeks post op even the surgeon was suprised how small the breasts are, I don't think I can trust him to correct his error as he caused it first place. So I need to know how long to wait to find new Plastic Surgeon.

Breast reduction revision

+2

A revision of a breast reduction should wait 6 months to a year after surgery to allow for the tissues to soften.  the scars may be revises as well as the "dog ear" you describe.  As for the shape this may be adjusted as well. If you want more volume, you may need an implant.

Breast reduction revisions

+1

Eight weeks after a breast reduction is still pretty early.  Although most of the edema resolves in the first 4-6 weeks after breast surgery, it can take up to a year for the scars to gain their final appearance.  Unfortunately, even experienced, well trained plastic surgeons still can have results that requiring revising.  In my breast reduction patients, we sometimes have to do small scar revisions in the office under local anesthesia to improve the final results.  I prefer to wait a minimum a 3-6 months before revising scars.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

I would ask that you give yourself 3-6 months to heal and adjust to the new breast size. If after that time you decide that you would like to be bigger, clear communication with your surgeon is key in achieving your desired goals.