How Long Should I Wait to Go to the Gym Aftet LBL?

how long should i wait after lower body lift to go ack to the gym and to actively workout there, I am 25 ,non smoker, no diabetes history.

Working out after Body Lifting Surgery

+1

Most patients can't wait to get back to the gym after surgery. I recommend waiting at least 6-8 weeks before going to the gym - some patients take longer to heal than others so you really do need to get the clearance from your surgeon as he/she knows your history and recovery best.  I do encourage patients to walk around the house starting the first few days after surgery and walking and/or using the treadmill for walking can be started as early as 3-4 weeks (again, depending on the specific patients situation).

Exercise after lower body lift

+1

I encourage early ambulation (walking) beginning on the first day after surgery.  Return to the gym can be gradually introduced from the sixth week postoperatively.  This surgery involves reconstruction of the abdominal wall and consequently I will advise patients to wait a full three months before specifically targeting the abdominal muscles in the gym.

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

Activity after LBL

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks after lower body lift surgery (aka circumferential body lift surgery).  At the 6th week, I clear my patients to gradually resume activity as tolerated.  

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Back to the gym after a body lift

+1

Often the hardest part of the recovery proscess is waiting to get back into the gym! I have my patients wait 2 months to do strenuous exercise but they may walk or use a treadmill starting the 3rd week after surgery. I also have them wearing a binder or spanx type garment during exercise.

Good Luck!  Dr. Gregory Lynam

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon