How Long Do I Have to Wait to Have a Smartlipo Touch Up Second Procedure?

How long should a person wait to have a "touch up" or second procedure done on the exact same area? I need more fat removed and also small bulge evened out in the inner/outer thigh area that I had done about 3 months ago. What is the minimum time frame to wait for a second procedure and is there any more or different risks if done too soon on the same area?

How long do I have to wait to have a Smartlipo touch up second procedure?

+1

I would wait at least 6 months even up to a year before a second liposuction procedure. Your results will continue to change as you heal over the next 6 months to a year. If you try to correct an issue too soon, you may cause more harm than good by over sucking which can lead to contour irregularity.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Revision liposuction timing

+1

It is a good idea to wait several months for the healng process to complete. You want to have soft tissues, and no swelling.  4-6 months minimum in my practice usually.

Risk

+1

You need to wait until your healing is complete. Ask your surgeon on that point. Usually 3-6 months are required.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Liposuction revision surgery

+1

Revision surgery can be performed on areas of previous liposuction.  The timing does vary depending on how well and fast a patient heals.   Most of the swelling should have resolved prior to undergoing this surgery.  I typically would wait at least three months before proceeding with revision surgery.  

Bill Kortesis, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon