How Long Should I Wait to See Before / After Photos?

Hi Drs. If I have seen a Rhinoplasty dr and I have not received the computer imagery before & after photos and its been more then two weeks should I be concerned ? I feel this is the basic step before committing .I keep being told to wait .

Seeing Before and After Pictures of Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon that doctors may get very busy, so I would suggest following up with them. If you have any doubts, It may not be a bad idea to obtain another consultation with another physician.

Computer imaging and rhinoplasty

+1

I do not offer computer imaging and I do not think that should be a deal breaker for you. Call the doctor's office to follow-up.

Computer imaging and rhinoplasty consultation

+1

All practices are different.  I usually perform computer imaging at the initial consultation. It is possible that your plastic surgeon had a computer issue.  Call the office and ask for the photos if they were promised.  

Video imaging is a useful patient education tool for rhinoplasty.

+1

Your surgeon may be busy and not able to devote time to complete your video imaging. Nevertheless, two weeks seems like a long time. Call the office and remind them that they were to be forthcoming.

Computer imaging and rhinoplasty

+1

Please do not base your choice of a rhinoplasty surgeon based on a computer generated "post op" photo. I like to tell my patients that you could teach anyone to do imaging, that does not mean they can produce the result as rendered. The best thing to do is look at the surgeons rhinoplasty photos and if you cannot see many of those seek another opinion. Personally I use CI to illustrate principles only and to give the patients an idea of what I mean by deprojection, rotation, supratip depression etc. I do not give them a copy of the CI as I feel that is useless. In short find someone who does a lot of noses, has experience and has photos you like. You'll be better off using this approach. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty photos

+1

Dear Access1982,

• I would email or call the office for a gentle reminder
  • Sometimes, the pics may be sent and end up in your spam inbox
  • Occasionally, we think we sent the pictures, but it may not have gone through

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty Pictures

+1

Most surgeons show you before and after photos at consultation while discussing your needs. If you have doubts,consider a second opinion.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD