How Long Should I Wait to Have Rhinoplasty After Having Fillers on my Nose?

I hv been using non-permanent fillers for my nose (tip & bridge) for abt 2 yrs now (4 mths in btwn) My last procedure for fillers was done on 2nd Sept. I want to explore Rhinoplasty instead as I am tired of getting d jabs n wld like a more permanent look. I m planning for d procedure in Mar 2012. Consultations scheduled end Nov. Is d time span good enuf for d effects of my fillers to wear off for d consult in Nov n procedure in Mar? If no, how long should I have to wait before I can proceed?

Filler should be dissolved before having rhinoplasty

+1

Since fillers temporarily mask the shape of your nose, it is preferred that filler has dissolved before undergoing rhinoplasty.  As results from rhinoplasty are permanent, it is prudent to present your surgeon with the true shape of your nose without fillers so that surgical changes made during rhinoplasty will produce the best results.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

+1

IMHO, you can have Rhinoplasty, if warranted, anytime.  Temporary fillers will not affect the Rhinoplasty which reshapes the nasal skeletal structures (cartilage and bone).  Any experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to take into account any temporary filler that was used.  In fact, the filler will most likely be removed during the Rhinoplasty as the nasal skin and tissues are lifted off of the underlying nasal skeleton.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty after Fillers

+1

It is best to delay your rhinoplasty until the fillers have dissolved; therefore, timing will depend on the fillers used. Serial pictures will help determine when there is no change in appearance because the filler is no longer present.  March sounds a little soon to have the rhinoplasty, but follow the recommendations of your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty after nasal fillers

+1

It is best for the fillers to probably be gone prior to the rhinoplasty so the exact degree of correction can be planned. I would discuss the timing with your surgeon as different fillers take different amounts of time to resorb.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing

+1

Vheck with your surgeon. You need to wait until the filler is gone in order to make the correcxt pre-opreative decisions

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Rhinoplasty after filler

+1

It depends on the filler used.  Some resorb sooner than others.  Also some may be reversed prior to your rhinoplasty.  You should inform your surgeon doing the rhinoplasty so that the appropriate actions can be taken before your surgery.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

+1

Sounds like a good plan but you did not specify the fillers used. That could effect the timing. Be sure to disclose this to the examining PSs. 

Nasal bridge augmentation after filler

+1

Hi Kauakea,

I'm assuming you've been using Radiesse for this.  You could get the consult done in November but before you have your surgery in March get one more evaluation around February to ensure your surgeon's thoughts and plan remains the same.  You should bring some photos with you to your consultation of your original nose if you can (should have them a the office you've been getting your injections performed).

I have a lot of patients who transition from Radiesse to a rhinoplasty with augmentation of the bridge and I do like to wait about 6 months from the last injection before I perform the surgery.  This is not for safety reasons but just to allow me better judgement.

Hope that helps

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Rhinoplasty after Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Patient,

Appropriate timing to have a surgical rhinoplasty after a non-surgical rhinoplasty depends on the type of filler that was utilized. If hyaluronic based filler was used for non-surgical rhinoplasty, it would be fine to have a surgical rhinoplasty in 6 months. I have performed many cases similar to yours with 6 months waiting period and no complications were encountered. However, I would highly recommend waiting at least a year if filler like Radiesse was used. It takes much longer for this type of fillers to dissolve. Good luck Dr. Kevin Sadati

Web reference: http://www.orangecountynosejob.com/

Fillers in nose

+1

You may want to give it a year before undergoing a revision because fillers take a long time to dissolve on the nose. This will allow your surgeon to make a better evaluation.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.