How Long Do I Have to Wait to Redo a Brazilian Butt Procedure?

I am only 2 weeks into my surgery and although the lipo areas look great my main objective was the Brazilian Butt. I am not a big person but the surgeon was able to extract plenty of fat of which all was not used (the good fat). Apparently some of the fat started coming out so they stopped at that point and did not put anymore in. I'm not sure how much I have in each side. I do feel full but I'm not plumpy like I wanted. I know what I have now is not going to miraculously plump up.

I would wait at least three months

+2

Hello

Thank you for the question.  I would wait at least three months to add additional fat to your buttocks for several reasons.  The first is that it takes about three months to really have a excellent idea of how much of the fat has survived.  It will also take some time for your Buttock tissue to relax and allow additional fat to be placed.  Give yourself these three months at least to recuperate.  You will also feel a little better in terms of the areas that were previously harvested.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: Http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

BBL revision

+1
If you are not happy with your final result after 6 months, then perhaps you can have a revision procedure. Good luck.

Repeat fat transfer

+1

Repeat fat transfer can be done if there is adequate fat available for transfer.  Sometimes you have to go to different areas of the body to search for it.  It is preferable to wait about 3 months before repeat transfer, so that all of the fat that has been previously transferred, is stable.

Brazilian Buttlift Redo

+1

I typically liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock.  This usually satisfies almost everyone.  A buttlift can be redone at 3 months or so depending upon healing and postoperative course.  You should get an idea of how much fat was transferred.  Typically, patients who do not see as great a result are injected with much less volume. 

Secondary BBL

+1

You should wait at least 6 months befor having a second BBL. Your story sounds a bit strange though - the fat started coming out so they stopped? I am sure that most board certified plastic surgeons experienced with BBLs would agree that this is not usually what happens. You may want to consider a second opinion, although it is likely that your first surgeon is offering you a significant discount on your revision surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/buttock-lift-augmentation-new-york-city/