How Long Should I Wait to Get Pregnant After Breast Implant Removal?

I was a full B before breast implant surgury, which took me to a 32DD. I was young, and rushed into a decision that I should have put more thought into. Now, almost four years later my husband and I are getting ready to start a family, and I want them out! Will pregnancy within months of the explantation procedure interfere with the healing process? Is there a chance that the breast growth that occurs in pregnancy will help add volume to the stretched out skin, or is this wishful thinking?

Healing from a breast implant removal should not delay pregnancy significantly

+2
Breast implants can be removed and barring any complications you could become pregnant within a couple of weeks. Remember the implants are under the breasts and removing them should not injure the breasts in any way. If however you want a lift done at the same time healing will take longer. I have been happily surprised with how well skin of the breast tightens over time once the implant has been removed. I would recommend waiting until after your pregnancy to see how your breasts look before having a lift. If you can be patient you might avoid further surgery.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after implant removal

+1

Once the implants are removed, I would jsut want to make sure that there are no complicaitons and that you heal ok. You may want to wait a few months to be sure.  As for volume fill, it may add  a little as you gain weight, but I wouldn't anticipate having an implanted breast look.

Breast implant removal (explantation) and pregnancy

+1

This is a good question and the answer will probably vary with each indiividual. While some pateints experience tremendous growth with pregnancy others may encounter only modest changes., If you are the former you could see a filling out of the loose skin.

Removing breast implants before pregnancy

+1

Hormonal influences on the breast during pregnancy are transient.  I would await completion of your pregnancy and lactation before removal.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Staging Pregnancy aFTER Breast Implant Removal

+1

"...32DD. I was young, and rushed into a decision that I should have put more thought into. Now, almost four years later my husband and I are getting ready to start a family, and I want them out! Will pregnancy within months of the explantation procedure interfere with the healing process? " Removing the breast implants should not affect your ability to become pregnant or your pregnancy. Breasts tissue does become larger with pregnancy but does not remain that way in most women.

After completing your family and breast feeding and your breast assume their steady state status you will be in a better position to examine your breasts and see what would then be the best option for you.