How Long Do I Wait Post Partum to Get Mini Tummy Tuck?

I am a very fit and lean woman (5'7, 110 lbs) and have two children (2 1/2 and 5 months). I have a very noticeable bulge in my lower abdomen due to diastasis (3+ cm), and I also have rectocele. I believe I'd be a good candidate for a mini/endoscopic tummy tuck due to the fact that I have no excess fat or skin. My question is, how long should I wait before considering surgery? I am 5 months post partum.

+1

You may be ready at this point, but an exam will be necessary to assess your candidacy. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

When is it safe for a tummy tuck after pregnancy?

+1

I would recommend waiting until you have returned to a stable weight for 6 months.

If you gained very little weight, you may be suitable for surgery in 6-8 months.   If your weight has changed significantly, I would work on getting back to your goal weight and then wait 6 months to allow the skin and muscle to relax.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Timing of Tummy Tuck after Pregnancy

+1
The optimum timing to perform a tummy tuck after a pregnancy is when the woman has achieved a stable weight and a certain stable level of fitness. For some women that’s achieved in 6 month, for some – over a year. In your particular case it seems that you could undergo correction of your diastasis at present time.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck

+1

If you are only 5 moths post partum then i would recommend waiting still.  You will still lose a little weigh.  Also if you go and have the surgery then you will not be able to look after your new addition to the family for a couple of weeks as things will need to heal.  Wait till at least 12 months when your new child is not as dependent on you and you have had more time to recover yourself.  There will be no harm in waiting a while longer.

Best wishes

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon