How Long to Wait to Get Nose Pierced After Rhinoplasty?

I had my surgery one week ago and am wondering how long I should wait for it to heal before getting it pierced?

Rhinoplasty, can I do nasal piercing

+1

Hi,

Nasal piercing can only be done after the healing is completed.

I would recommend you ask your surgeon as he can examine inside of your nose to assess the healing process.

In addition, if he has used cartilage graft he can advise you if you should or should not do it.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Wait several months following rhinoplasty before pursuing a nasal piercing

+1

Wait several months following rhinoplasty before pursuing a nasal piercing. Obviously this depends on exactly what maneuvers were performed during your rhinoplasty and which area of your nose you want to have pierced. I would recommend waiting from most of the edema (swelling) to resolve and this can take several months. Further, waiting for the initial healing of your nose to take place can reduce the risk of any infection resulting from a new nasal piercing. Clearly, the surgeon who has performed your rhinoplasty will have the most accurate and informed advice regarding when it is safe to pierce your new nose.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Piercing nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You probably need to wait a few months before considering a nasal piercing, but you should discuss this with your doctor.

When to Get Nose Pierced After Rhinoplasty?

+1

This depends on how smoothly your healing is going and if any grafting was done at the location you want to have a piercing.  I would suggest that you check with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

When to have nose repierced after rhinoplasty

+1

How long to wait before having your nose pierced (if at all) depends a lot on what was done during your surgery.

You should ask your surgeon to let you know the best time to wait that's who knows you and your nose best.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Piercing After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would suggest waiting a minimum of three months after your rhinoplasty to allow for as much healing as possible. You do not want to introduce a skin tract that in any way could lead to the chance of an infection after a rhinoplasty. Depending upon what type of rhinoplasty you had done, it may not even be adviseable to have it pierced at all.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Wait at least 4 weeks to get nose pierced after Rhinoplasty

+1

I suggest waiting at least 4 weeks to get your nose pierced after Rhinoplasty.  Wait until your sutures are removed (or disolve) and for the majoirty of the swelling and bruising to resolve. Best of luck to you, Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon