How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get a New Retainer?

I had my 12 year old molars surgically removed 12 days ago. after my surgery i couldn't wear my clear retainer for a week after due to pain.. How long do i need to wait before i get a new one made?

Returning to Retainer Wear After Having Teeth Removed

+2

It is always scary to go for a period of time without your orthodontic retainer. Your situation (having teeth removed) is a common time when you cannot wear your retainer as prescribed. Obviously you want to get back to wearing a retainer as soon as possible. Your old retainer can possibly be altered so that it will fit your mouth again. Take it in to your orthodontist and see if that is possible. If not, get an impression for a new one as soon as your mouth has healed enough so that you are comfortable. That should be less than a week. Good luck!

Albuquerque Orthodontist

New retainer after extractions

+1

I hope your pain is subsiding by now. have your orthodontist take a look at your retainer. You may not have to get a new one.

San Diego Orthodontist