How Long Should I Wait to Have a Mommy Makeover After Gallbladder/appendix Removal Hiatul Hernia Repair and Nissen Fundopl?

I am having my gallbladder and appendix out as well as repair of a hiatul hernia and a nissen fundoplication for my Gerd at the beginning of October. (All laproscopically). How long should I wait to have a tummy tuck/lipo and breast augmentation? I was planning on having the mommy makeover in May. 5'6, 155 lbs, gym 3-5 days a week. Active mother of 3 little ones. Other than these issues I am generally pretty healthy. Nonsmoking and rarely drink

Timing

+2

I'd wait at least 6-8 weeks before considering mommy makeover surgery. You want to make sure you are fully healed from these other surgeries.   In addition, you want to make sure your GERD is under control.    Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Timing for surgery

+2

Make sure you are fully healed from your elective abdominal surgery.  I would wait at least 6-8 weeks.  Good luck.

Make sure that abdominoplasty will not make GERD worse

+2

Even though you had your surgical procedure performed laproscopically you still need time to heal.  I would want to make sure that your GERD will not get worse with an abdominoplasty as the intra-abdominal pressure will be increased as part of the operation.  This question should be directed to your general surgeon.

Mommy Makeover after gallbladder and appendix surgery

+2

I think that if you have your surgery in October, you should be very well recovered to undergo a mommy makeover in May.  This should be more than ample time for the soft tissues and muscle to heal.    I wish you a safe recovery from both procedures and an amazing result in May!

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

How Long Should I Wait to Have a Mommy Makeover After Gallbladder/appendix Removal Hiatal Hernia Repair and Nissen Fundopl?

+1

Healing from October to May should be adequate if there are no complications. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Mommy-Makeover-photo-galleries.php

Surgery timing

+1

I would think that you should wait at least 2 months.  If you are not planning on your Mommy Makeover until May that would be more than enough time.

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Timing of cosmetic surgery

+1

Six months is plenty of time between your laparoscopic surgery and your mommy make-over (breast enlargement + tummy tuck + lipo). You should by then have healed fully and be fit and rested for your cosmetic surgery. Best wishes!