How long should I wait to get larger implants? Will mine drop and project more? (Photo)

I recently got 350cc Natrelle style 20 (325cc in one breast) and they seem too small. I read of girls who had similar stats to me who ended up with D's and even DD's with these implants. I was a 32A, 118lbs 5'7" and 26.5" ribcage with 10.5" BWD. I would be happy with a full C or small D but mine look like a B cup. 350cc was the max that I could get in HP and would have to switch to UHP. Now, I am rethinking my decision. I am still able to fit into my size S bikini tops :( Any suggestions?

How long should I wait to get larger implants? Will mine drop and project more?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are "too small" or (less frequently) "too large".  This perception may be related to the fact that their breasts are compressed by dressings/bras and/or patients aren't able to see the entire breasts and their relationship to their full torsos.

I have found,  that with time,  as breast implants “settle” (drop and fluff)  that the resulting breast size/shape SEEM larger. You will be able to see this for yourself (later in your recovery) if you stand in front of a full-length mirror and “pull up on the breast skin and down on the breast implant";  as the breast implant moves into the lower part of the pocket and the nipple/areola move up,  the breast may appear to be larger in appearance.

I would suggest you wait at least 3 to 6 additional months before you make any decisions regarding the results of your breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and concerns.Best wishes; odds are that you will be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

It is a sage desition,and good courage to ralize it

+1
natrelle is a very good implant, but iw ould have suggested to you perhaps  to fit it  with "high projection seize and shape," than means (by the spetial  projecting shape) with the same volume and weight  looks  like 400cc and seize D, so that is  excellent for your back and doing  excercise

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wait 3 months before deciding to have larger breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question.  You look very normal for this early after recovery from breast augmentation.  As your breast implants adjusts to your breast and body they will look much more natural and will look fuller beneath the nipple areola and in the lower pole of the breast.  It is also far too early to evaluate cup size in a bra.  Please be patient I think you will have an excellent result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
I recommend waiting at least 6 months from your surgery to allow tissues to relax and implants to settle into their relatively final position.  UHP implants put significant stress on the tissue.  It would caution against seeking an implant that is too big and too heavy for your tissue.  This can lead to excessive thinning of the breast and visibility of implant ripples over time.  It appears that you and your surgeon have selected a reasonable and safe implant for your size and body type.  

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
Wait at least 3 months post operatively. Than consider 450 cc to 500 cc UHP implants in your case and written desires... 

325 cc implants

+1
It looks a bit early in your recovery and they may look a bit different when they descend into the pocket a bit better. Either day you'll have to wait about 3-4 months before considering a revision.

Final result in Breast Augmentation.

+1
Your surgery is so recent that you don't have to worry about the final result which you will start seeing 3 month after the date pf the procedure. Be patient and lets see how will they be after swelling disappear. Best regards,

Luis Lopez Tallaj, MD

+1
It looks like you are just a couple weeks out from surgery which is really too soon to worry about final size and shape.  It appears that you are still swollen & firm, and your implants need to drop so, I know it's hard, but try to give it 3-6 months before evaluating your results. Over the next few months, as swelling goes down, your breasts will most likely change in shape filling out toward the bottom, getting softer and less tight.  Try to stay focused on your recovery and follow post-op instructions and re-evaluate at that time with your surgeon.  If they still feel too small for you, you can discuss your options at that time.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

When Is The Right Time To Get Larger Implants?

+1
   Dear Fitnessgal23, Thank you for your photos. You look like you are very early after surgery and your breasts and implants are going to change over the next several weeks to months. I have found that as the implants "settle" into their final position that the implants look bigger than when they are still sitting up and swollen. I also would suggest that you wait 3-4 months before you decide to make changes in your implant size. This will allow you to see how the implants look in various clothing and how you feel doing various activities. You will also need time to psychologically adjust to the new size of your breasts. During this time, also keep in contact with your surgeon and they will assist you with future choices and possible surgery. Good luck. #DrGervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Changing to Larger Implants

+1
Thank you for submitting your photos.  It appears that you are still quite "fresh" from your surgery.  Your concerns for breast size are understandable.   You should allow your breasts to settle for  3-4 months before making any decisions on breast size.  They will settle and soften in that time.  This will allow your own tissues to expand some and accommodate a larger implant if you should decide.  I usually wait 4-6 months before making any plans to exchange to larger implants.   Thnaks for your question.  

Steven Svehlak, MD