How Long to I Have to Wait to Kiss After a Rhinoplasty?

I am getting rhinoplasty in 3 days. How long to I have to wait until I can make out again? I am kind of with this guy and don't want to make him wait too long... Is 1 and 1/2 weeks too short? 2 weeks? I would try to tilt my head as far as I could. Thanks! P.s. I also didn't tell my guy that I was getting the surgery, but he is usually pretty gentle

Kissing after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly acceptable to kiss your  boyfriend any time after the nasal surgery has been performed. The first 6-8 weeks after a rhinoplasty the nasal tip is very  sensitive to touch and so do not be surprised if  you have pain in the tip of your nose if you rub the tip of it  or get bumped in the nose.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

He will just have to control himself

+1

Out of respect for you and understanding the commitment you have made to improving the appearance of your nose, he will need to be very careful when approaching your face for a couple months.  He needs to kiss you gently, very gently for the first three weeks.  An accidental firm push on the nose could easily move it during this period of time. I am sure he will understand.  As always, you should consult your own surgeon for his/her specific instructions.  

Web reference: http://www.bostonrhinoplastycenter.com/

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kissing after Rhinoplasty?

+1

One of the worst dissapointments for patient and surgeon after rhinoplasty is an accidental injury to the nose while it is weak and still healing after surgery. This usually happens when a companion, child or pet gets too close to the patient's face and bumps the nose. Kissing is just too risky after surgery for this reason. Wait at least 4weeks and be careful and gentle.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and kissing

+1

I would wait a few weeks for the nose to heal and for the sutures to be removed before kissing your boyfriend romantically. 

How long after rhinoplasty is kissing allowed?

+1

In general, I would say that 2 weeks would be a safe amount of time to wait before kissing after rhinoplasty.  However, I would recommend that you ask your surgeon your question, as he or she will have the most information in regards to your particular surgery and will be able to give you an answer tailored to your specific needs.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon