How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get Another Juvederm Injection?

It's only been 2 days but there is hardly any swelling at all and just a small lump which I knew would happen (although not visible, I can only feel it). How soon can I go back? How long do I have to wait to get another Juvederm injection?

Timing for Repeat Juvederm Injection in Lips

Hi chanel1986,

Repeat Juvederm injection may occur at any point after the initial treatment. Most plastic surgeons and dermatologist generally suggest waiting at least 2 weeks to allow the improvement of any bruising or swelling. 

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections with Juvederm

Great question and probably no definitive answer, only opinion.

I recommending waiting 6 weeks between injections just to let all of the swelling go down before the next injection. In a demanding situation I will do it sooner, but don't advise it.

It only requires a small amount to make a dramatic change thus 1 syringe may be all that's needed.

I am opposed to using anything in the skin/lips that is "permanent" because of the complications. Juvederm XC Ultra and Restylane are my favorites.

Finally I am on the conservative side when injecting lips. It is remarkable how many of my patients preface their comments with "I don't want lips like ......." meaning they look exaggerated and unnatural. There are refined techniques that allow natural but well defined lips without looking exaggerated.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Repeat Juvederm Injections

In my practice, I suggest two weeks between Juvederm injections. Unfortunately there is no good way to tell if all of the swelling is gone except to wait a reasonable amount of time to ensure that it is gone. As to your bumps - as long as the filler is under the skin you will feel a lump or bump but if you see a lump or a bump, see your physician so that he or she can massage it out.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long to wait between Juvederm injections for Lip Augmentation.

There's no magic time between Juvederm injections and I've always thought was the beauty and customization of these types of fillers.  I would only be sure that the swelling was not an issue before injecting more filler to the area.

Minimum time for Juvederm re-injection

It is usually best to wait at least 2-3 weeks before reinjecting Juvederm in the same area.  The more Juvederm you had placed in last injection, the longer you have to wait.  Hope that helps!

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Juvederm Injections

I usually recommend to my patients a waiting period of two to four weeks before repeating injections in the same location. If your question pertains to a different location, I think you can inject at any time you want.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juvedern for lip augmentation

I would wait at least two weeks after your previous Juvederm injection before performing further injections for lip augmentation.  It will take about that amount of time to see what the longer term results are going to be and the subsequent injection sites and amounts can be performed more accurately.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juverderm repeat to lips

This is the beauty of juvederm. It can be used as often as the desired result is achieved. Have fun!

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Lips augmentation juvederm

Firstly, If you have a "lump" it can be product, swelling, or a bruise. Wait until this resolves and all swelling is gone to add more product. A week is a good amount of time for this. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm

If you are not completely satisfied with injection of th Juvederm and feel that you need more, you can probably go back within one to two weeks to add more.  This will allow swelling to resolve and any bruising to subside.