How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get Another Juvederm Injection?

It's only been 2 days but there is hardly any swelling at all and just a small lump which I knew would happen (although not visible, I can only feel it). How soon can I go back? How long do I have to wait to get another Juvederm injection?

Timing for Repeat Juvederm Injection in Lips

+2

Hi chanel1986,

Repeat Juvederm injection may occur at any point after the initial treatment. Most plastic surgeons and dermatologist generally suggest waiting at least 2 weeks to allow the improvement of any bruising or swelling. 

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Juvederm Injections

+1

In my practice, I suggest two weeks between Juvederm injections. Unfortunately there is no good way to tell if all of the swelling is gone except to wait a reasonable amount of time to ensure that it is gone. As to your bumps - as long as the filler is under the skin you will feel a lump or bump but if you see a lump or a bump, see your physician so that he or she can massage it out.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long to wait between Juvederm injections for Lip Augmentation.

+1

There's no magic time between Juvederm injections and I've always thought was the beauty and customization of these types of fillers.  I would only be sure that the swelling was not an issue before injecting more filler to the area.

Minimum time for Juvederm re-injection

+1

It is usually best to wait at least 2-3 weeks before reinjecting Juvederm in the same area.  The more Juvederm you had placed in last injection, the longer you have to wait.  Hope that helps!

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Juvederm Injections

+1

I usually recommend to my patients a waiting period of two to four weeks before repeating injections in the same location. If your question pertains to a different location, I think you can inject at any time you want.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juvedern for lip augmentation

+1

I would wait at least two weeks after your previous Juvederm injection before performing further injections for lip augmentation.  It will take about that amount of time to see what the longer term results are going to be and the subsequent injection sites and amounts can be performed more accurately.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juverderm repeat to lips

+1
This is the beauty of juvederm. It can be used as often as the desired result is achieved. Have fun!

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Lips augmentation juvederm

+1

Firstly, If you have a "lump" it can be product, swelling, or a bruise. Wait until this resolves and all swelling is gone to add more product. A week is a good amount of time for this. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm

+1

If you are not completely satisfied with injection of th Juvederm and feel that you need more, you can probably go back within one to two weeks to add more.  This will allow swelling to resolve and any bruising to subside.

Juvederm and Lip Augmentation

+1

Generally speaking there is no waiting period required between treatments.  However, I recommend to my patients that they wait 2 weeks before adding more product.  By then, all swelling will definitely have resolved and a more accurate picture of what is needed to best meet your goals is possible.  Regarding the lump you mention, gentle massage between your thumb and index finger in the early days will help with this.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon