How Long to Wait for the 2nd Treatment? Treating Large Pores and Wrinkles.

Situation: 2-3 Fractional Co2 laser treatments. Main Goal: reduce large pores & some wrinkels & tighten some areas (not that deep/much). Questions: How long to take pauze in between the 2? Would like to make optimal use of the collagen improve story which would be 3-4 months. But for wrinkels 2-4 weeks is remommend. Therefore what would be wise to do? Could waiting to long, overshoot the goal, in other words; could U wait to long for the next treatment? Min & max pauzes in between?

How long should I wait between Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing treatments

+1

I have found that the Fractional CO2 and CO2 laser skin resurfacing treatments are effective and highly satisfying to my patients in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, an area that is replete with laser options.  Patients have requested a second treatment, mostly because they are extremely happy with the initial results and want more!  I would advise patients with acne scarring to wait about 3 months between treatments.  During that time, I place them on Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM to optimize their skin. 

Fractional CO2 laser intervals

+1

It generally takes at least 6 months for the full effects of collagen remodeling to occur. We have found continued improvement for up to 2 years! So, we recommend treatments to be given no sooner than every 6 months.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Co2 laser and waiting for the next treatment

+1

Many people suggest waiting 6 months but this is for more traditional resurfacing. 3months for fractional resurfacing is possible. But is does take up to a year to notice results. I have know some to repeat fractional resurfacing on a month to month basis. The risks are higher in this situation with less waiting in between.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles

+1

Most patients wait about three months before repeating You can clearly wait longer. The beauty of ths procedure is that you can repeat to tailor your results

David A. Bray, Sr., MD