How Long to Wait for Rhinoplasty After Laproscopic Surgery to Remove Ovarian Cysts?

I was planning on having rhinoplasty. Then it was discovered, I have ovarian cysts that need to be removed. I have endometriosis and have had two prior surgeries. I'll be home the same day. Last time, it took 2 weeks to return normal and exercise. How long between having the laproscopic surgery and having the rhinoplasty should I wait? Is there a limit on how much anaesthethia one should have in a time period?

+2

My colleagues have recommended waiting several weeks and I think this is reasonable. Another option, if your surgeons work together, is to have the procedures performed at the same time. It is not unusual to combine procedures in different body areas. If you're under anesthesia for your abdominal surgery, it is possible to have your rhinoplasty performed during the same procedure. This does require some coordination but is safe. Also, you'll be fully recuperated from your nasal surgery by the time you've recovered from the abdominal procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two anesthetics in short time frame

+2

I dont think you need to wait very long at all. As the other physician mentioned, you want to be free of pain and have your regular mobility back before engaging in another procedure. As long as these are met, you should be fine. While nasal surgery doesnt hinder you from walking around, you want to make sure your function is all intact from abdominal surgery before going back in.

C. Coleman Brown, MD, FACS
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

You will want to be without pain or other symptoms first

+2

There is not a definite time frame to consider in terms of waiting after your ovarian cyst surgery for your rhinoplasty surgery.  I would consider the fact that you will want to be comfortable to focus on your rhinoplasty recovery, that you do not have either an infection or other issues requiring focus.  There tends to also be some general swelling and fluid retention after we have surgery.  Of course this usually is located more in the hands and feet but it is something to consider.  A couple of weeks just to make sure, longer if you are not in a hurry.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Rhinoplasty after laproscopic surgery

+2

Answer to: I was planning on having rhinoplasty. Then it was discovered, I have ovarian cysts that need to be removed. I have endometriosis and have had two prior surgeries. I'll be home the same day. Last time, it took 2 weeks to return normal and exercise. How long between having the laproscopic surgery and having the rhinoplasty should I wait? Is there a limit on how much anaesthethia one should have in a time period?

Typically 2-3 weeks should be enough time

Sam Naficy, MD

How Long to Wait for Rhinoplasty After Laproscopic Surgery to Remove Ovarian Cysts

+1

The general recovery time for laproscopic surgeries is 3-6 weeks.  I would recommend waiting until you are able to resume all your regular activity and feel like your normal self before undergoing another surgery, in this case Rhinoplasty. 

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no danger in having two aesthetics planned a few weeks apart. Once you have recovered from the ovarian surgery to the point that you feel normal, it would be okay to proceed with the rhinoplasty.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery after Ovarian Procedure

+1

You can have the rhinoplasty after you are comfortable and "normal", as you describe yourself after the previous procedure. Talk with your surgeons about doing both operations at the same time. Do not worry about the anesthesia.