How Long Should I Wait for a Revision to my Tummy Tuck. Should I Get Lipo or Not?

I had the surgery sone on sep 10 2013 at premiere center for cosmetic surgery in tampa flordia and my stomach is still big I also know there is some swelling but I do not think my stomach will be flat enough even when the swelling goes down and look at my waist and flanks there are so big. please help how long should I wait for a revision and do you think lipo will help?

Too early to even think about a revision

+1

This is amazing, you still have your drainage tubes in place and you are wondering about a revision.  Give it some time and you may be pleasantly surprised.  At your next visit ask your plastic surgeon if you are on target to get the result he expected.  

Much too early to consider a revisional surgery.

+1

Making a decision about the outcome of an operation even before the drains have been removed is absurd. You need to wait a minimum of six months before making judgments.

When do I get a revision

+1

Hi cmuffin. Looks like you had flank lipo from the bruising. I don't know if your abdomen was suctioned. Nevertheless you need to wait at least 6 months before deciding on a revision, which most likely would be suctioning of the abdominal wall.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon