How Long to Wait for a Revision After Having Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty over a month ago. I had my deviated septum corrected, nose thinned, tip corrected, and hump removed. I am very happy with the results of the procedure, except for the removal of the hump. It is still very apparent and looks the same as it did before. The bone is still very much there and I never really had any pain in that area in comparison to others after removing the splint. I am wondering if that's normal and when/if I should have a revision. Thanks, Pat

Revision after Rhinoplasty

+1

I hope you're not disappointed because you did not experience pain in the bridge after the rhinoplasty. Seriously, despite the pictures, it is unlikely that surgery did not include work on the bony dorsum, but ask your surgeon. I would wait another 9-12 months before deciding if you want a revision of your profile.

How Long to Wait for a Revision After Having Rhinoplasty?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty, for well over 20 years and from the photos your nose and tip do appear to be rotated upward after the Rhinoplasty.  There's a slight dorsal fullness that at 1 month, I can't tell from a photo, if it's swelling or bone but your Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to help answer that specific question.  Six months is the shortest interval between Rhinoplasty surgeries.  

Revision

+1

It depends on what if anything was done to the boney dorsum . If the hump was not touched it could potentially be corrected anytime. The bone looks the same in the one view I see.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+1

The best timing for a revision of your hump removal depends on how much swelling is still evident. This is best assessed in person, but normally I would suggest waiting at least several more months. You may want to ask your surgeon about the current appearance to get a better sense of whether he or she thinks there is swelling on the bridge causing the persistent fullness.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD