How Long Do I Have to Wait for Revising (Again!!) I Look So Different, Sharp and Pointy? (photo)

Can I look like my pre-op nose again from the front? I know my nose is swollen but I can see I won't like it. Is it possible to feminise my nose again? I am mixed race and actually like a bulbous nose, I don't want it thin pointy or refined! Help please

Timing of Nasal Tip Deprojection

+2

Your nasal tip can be deprojected and widened with a revision tip rhinoplasty. I would wait a minimum of three months after your last procedure to be certain that you want this change. One thing about a pointy tip is that it will not improve or become less pointy with more time.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Revision rhinoplasty can be considered when all the swelling had gone away and the nose is soft. This can take a year or more.

How Long Do I Have to Wait for Revising (Again!!) I Look So Different, Sharp and Pointy?

+1

The swelling can be prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to wait around one year before considering any revision work, as the nose will change over time following your procedure. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of surgery. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Contmeplating a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to wait a full year before contemplating a revision, unless it is something your surgeon feels will not change and is causing you breathing or other difficulty.  Try to relax and give things time to heal, and follow up with your surgeon if you have concerns.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon