How Long Do I Need to Wait for a New Otoplasty? (photo)

Hei. Sorry for my bad English. Im just wondering how long i need to wait for a new otoplasty. its been 6 week since my otoplasty and my ear stick out much at the top compared to the middle. Do you think this will change? Is this a bad otoplasty result? Mvh Boiler

How long to wait for otoplasty revision?

+1

Patients in general should wait 6 months to a year for a revision otoplasty.  This allows for the surgical result to mature and to determine if there is a need for additional surgery and how much surgery is required.  Hopefully all heals well.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty Revision: A Timeline

+1

Patients who wish additional improvement to their ears may benefit from an otoplasty revision.  In my experience, it is best to wait about 6 months to have this type of surgery.  This is because the scar tissue from the first procedure is maturing enough that the second procedure is not a problem.   Best wishes.

Stephen Bresnick, MD