How Long Should I Wait for Butt Implants After a BBL? (photo)

Had BBL done nine weeks ago you can see from pics there is no projection at all. I had 2300ccs lipoid off and 800cc placed into each cheek. Were the back lipo is fine the buttocks are still flat,no option but to do implants. How long do I have to wait before I can have that done.

Why would your Brazilian Butt Lift not be effective? That is the REAL Question Here

+2

You can still have a good result, but you need another procedure. Here is why. If only 2300 cc were removed from you, then an optimal operation was likely not performed. If one liposuctions the arms, inner thighs, entire back, abdomen, and flanks extensively to get the most fat possible in your body type, then between 3500 and 5000 cc should be possible. Of course, it is sometimes hard to tell from pictures.  You still look like you have viable fat cells that were not relocated.

Furthermore, I am quite surprised that with 2300 cc, 800 cc of viable fat was able to be injected. That ratio seems off. The ratio of amount of fat removed (aspirate) to amount of fat that is possible to inject is different than that. For about every 1500 cc of aspirate, your surgeon would get about 450 to 600 cc of viable fat.  Either viable fat was not injected or the amounts are off.   Looking at your before afters, you have much more fat that can be removed. Please do not resort to buttock implants just yet. Many surgeons would agree that the complication rate and long term damage from butt implants are not worth it. If they end up getting removed, which many do eventually, you will have loose skin and thinned out tissue in your buttock. Your buttock will look aged.   I would highly suggest that you gain a bit and in about 3 to 6 months, proceed with another BBL before considering the almost irreversible road of butt implants.  Your results seem like the can be dramatically improved.  Good luck. Here is a link that will show you results with body types like yours as well us other possibilities.

Buttock Implants After Unsuccessful Fat Injections

+2

Given that you are over two months after your buttock fat injections, and whatever has been injected is no longer obvious, you are really safe to proceed with buttock implants at any time. Fat injections are placed either just under the skin and/or into the gluteus maximus muscle. Buttock implants, however, would be placed in your case underneath the gluteal maximus muscle in a completely different location than that of the fat inejctions. The prior history of unsuccessful fat injections does not preclude buttock implants as soon as you feel comfortable and recovered from your prior liposuction procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian Butt Lift followed by Implants......?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your poor results with the Brazilian Butt Lift.  The BBL is a great procedure in the hands of an experienced surgeon who has a good technique to provide live fat cells to transfer to your buttocks as well as one who can provide for you instructions for a good routine to follow after surgery to keep your fat cells alive. 

In contrast to what some surgeons may tell you about the Brazilian Butt Lift.......  in the right hands, fat grafting to the buttocks (the BBL) can provide for you the most dramatic and natural results you can obtain if you are looking for a larger buttocks and an hourglass shape for your overall figure.  This procedure uses your own fat, so it feels 100% natural.  Plus, you get the benefits of liposuction to slim your waistline (and whatever other body parts you would like) at the same time as enlarging and shaping your buttocks.   

As far as having Butt Implants, I have done many, with good results, but always caution patients about the unnatural feel and the high complication rate.  In your situation, I would recommend waiting at least 1 year to try to be sure you don't kill the fat which was transferred if any survived.  If none survived, then you can proceed anytime.  However, it looks to me as though you are still a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, performed by a surgeon experienced with this procedure.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

While many now offer Brazilian Butt Lift, not everyone seems to be able to keep the transferred fat alive!

+1

There is just no way you had 800cc of fat injected into your butt and still look so flat.  Most likely you had no fat, or no viable fat injected into your butt.

Since no fat seems to have survived, your only limiting factor is to wait to be fully healed to minimize implant infection risk at the time of your butt implant procedure.  

This time I recommend you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can show you a complete library of his own before and after pictures so that you can see what his experience is.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Buttock Implants After BBL

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.

But to answer your question, the general rule would be to wait six months before proceding with another surgery in the same area...such as buttock implants.  However, after a live physical examination and consultation it may be determined that you are ready for buttock implants in as little as a month or so.   Hope this helps...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD