How Long Must I Wait for a Fraxel Restoire Treatement After Having Dermabrasion??

for acne scars

The Fraxel Restore Laser is a very safe laser and could be used within a couple of months of Dermabrasion.

+1

Fractional non ablative lasers have much less risk than ablative laser treatments.  The Fraxel Restore Laser is a very safe nonablative laser that could be used by a skilled doctor within a couple of months of dermabrasion for added improvement. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

How long to wait

+1

If you had dermabrasion for scarring, it will take 6-12 months for your skin to completely heal. For a deep treatment, I would recommend waiting a minimum of 6-12 months. For a superficial treatment, you may be able to do this by 6 months. I would suggest going to a board certified plastic surgeon who does both dermabrasion and fraxel treatments at get his/her opinion at 6 months. If your skin is still thin and you have a lot of redness, you will need to wait longer. If in doubt, wait. It will safer to your skin, and you will get a better second treatment.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon