When Should I Start Having Consultations, If I Want Breast Augmentation Surgery April-May?

I would like to get my BA around end of April - May and was wondering when I should start going for consults so that I am able to get surgery around that time frame? I was planning on starting to go for consultations in March.

How soon should you start having consultations before a breast enlargement in April-May?

+1
I would advise that you have a consultation fairly soon if you are having surgery in April or May. 

This is because it may take some weeks to schedule a consultation with your surgeon of choice and most surgeons would like to see you at least twice prior to any operation.

In our practice at Aurora Clinics, we would see you initially to advise the best way forward, give you lots of information including a free information CD discussing the pros and cons and details of the operation and prior to seeing you again for a sizing appointment two to three weeks later.

At a sizing appointment you get to try a variety of different sizes and shapes of implants within your own clothing to give you the best possible idea of how you will look following surgery.

Overall I think you should be setting the wheels in motion in the near future. Very best of luck.

London Plastic Surgeon

Scheduling Breast Augmentation Consultation

+1
If you are thinking of breast augmentation surgery in April/May, a consultation by March should be fine.  You want to allow enough time so the surgery can be scheduled when you want it, and you have ample time to have all your questions answered and get your medical clearance.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Start breast augmentation process soon so there is no time pressure

+1
if your goal is to have surgery in about 3 months, the sooner you start the process the better. early march will probably be ok, but you should call now to schedule the first consult and you may want to come in february if it is possible. spring is the busiest time for this type of surgery, so best to lock in your surgery date early. the more time you have to think about this very big decision the better....it's not something you want to rush into.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Seek consultation for breast augmentation 6 weeks to a month before planned surgery.

+1
Thank you for your question.   Generally speaking most of my patients schedule breast augmentation in a month to 6 weeks after their initial consultation.

1 important reason to start consultation process early is that there is a lot of information about breast augmentation that you will need to know and study to help you choose type of implant, location of implant, location of incision  and many other options that you must decide.

Almost plastic surgeons like to do breast augmentation and do accommodate patients who want early scheduling, in some cases on the surgical schedule is busy it may require a month to 6 weeks to get to on the schedule.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Planning for your BA

+1
I would go as soon as possible. Most plastic surgery practices are the busiest at this time of year as people  start thinking about summer. You might find that most of the surgeons in your area are already booked out for March and April. Plus, most patients will see 2 or 3 doctors before they decide and this takes some time as well. Finally, you will probably learn some things during your consultations that you didn't know that you might want some time to think about before you proceed.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

BBA

+1
You should go as soon as possible so that you have time to see several surgeons until you find one you are comfortable with.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Timing of consultation for Breast Augmentation

+1
In general, it is never too early to go in for consultation.  The earlier you start the process, the more comfortable you will be with what the surgery and recovery will entail.  It will also help you to make sure that all of your questions are answered ahead of time.  Make sure to see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website has an excellent referral tool for plastic surgeons in your area.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Timing of breast augmentation consultation

+1
The quick answer to your question is the sooner the better.  He should see a few board certified plastic surgeons in consultation and find one that had expertise in the procedure who can show you many before and after pictures with patient similar to you demonstrating results you like.  In my offices reschedule patient over two months in advance.  However,  Breast Augmentation is a short procedure which can typically fit in most surgeon schedules easily.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

+1
I think you will be best off seeking consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in the month of February given your timeframe to undergo breast augmentation surgery. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Timing for Surgery after Breast Augmentation Consultation

+1
It all depends on how long in advance the surgeon you choose is scheduled out.  Some surgeons may not have consultation appoints for weeks to months when you call.  Also, most surgeon's schedules fluctuate.  One week they may have an appointment within a few days, other times they may not have anything for a few months.

If you want surgery in April or May, start now with scheduling your consultation.  You will have much more selection of dates this far in advance than you will at the last minute.  You also are less likely to feel rushed in making your decision and it will give you time to see several surgeons to find the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Matthew L. Romans, MD
Salinas Plastic Surgeon