How Long Do I Need to Wait for a Body Lift? I Had Tge Lap Band 1 and 1\2 Yrs Ago and Have Lost over 120 Lbs.

5`9" 223 lbs (before lap band 350 lbs)

Body Lift Procedure Timing

+1

Thank you for your question. This will be a decision best made with a visit to your local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a thorough examination on what aspects you want to change. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

How long after lap band before body lift?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.   I would base your decision on how long your weight has been stable.   We require at least 6 months of stable weight once your goal/target weight is achieved.   
I would encourage you to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring to discuss your options.   I am a big advocate of early consultation with a plastic surgeon, even during the weight loss process.    I think it helps to motivate patients and see the light at the end of tunnel as they race towards the finish line.

I wish you a healthy weight loss and amazing result!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

LBL Timing

+1

Are you still losing wait? If so, you should wait.   If your weight has been stable for 6-12 months, you may be ready for a lower body lift.  This procedure (LBL) is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Timing for Body Lift Following Massive Weight Loss

+1

How Long Should I wait for a Body Lift?

Some potential candidates for a Body Lift are patients who have experienced significant weight loss through procedures such as gastric banding or bypass surgery, stomach stapling, bariatric surgery, lap band surgery, or non surgical methods such as diet or exercise. It is crucial that these candidates maintain a stable weight for an extended period of time prior to surgery to minimize complications and to maximize results.

Waiting approximately 12 to 18 months after weight loss has stabilized is best, and when one does not expect further weight loss, as a result of the previous surgical procedure. During this stabilization period, the skin will shrink as much as possible in preparation for the body contouring procedures.

You should be in good health and maintain a nutritional diet during the year following weight loss surgery. Do not smoke during the 6 weeks prior to surgery and try not to recover the habit following surgery as smoking will increase risk of complications and slow the healing process.

Finally, you should have reasonable expectations for the results of the body contouring procedures involve significant scarring.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1

Much depends on your realistic weight goal, and you should be close to that before surgery. Were you to do this today and then lost another 50 pounds you would be looking at repeating the surgery!.  Your bariatric surgeon can help determine a realistic target. 

All the best. 

IDEAL WEIGHT FOR BODY LIFT

+1

The lower your body weight is, the better the result of the body lift.  Ideal would be 150 to 175.  Then you will get far better results fro the body lift.   You are doing well.  Do not compromise at 225 lbs.  Go for the BEST.  My Best  ,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Best time to have body lift surgery.

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss, you must feel fantastic!  The best time to have the body lift surgery is after your weight has stabilized and then an additional 3 - 6 months to be sure there are no changes.  The lower your weight, toward your ideal body weight, the better your end result.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to begin the discussions of your options and give you time to plan your next life changing event.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Timing for Body Lift

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.   You want to make sure your weight loss has stabilized and you are not actively losing weight.   Once your weight has been stable for 6-12 months, you should visit with a board certified PS who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How Long Do I Need to Wait for a Body Lift?

+1

Dear tbelter,

Thank you for your question.  The best time to do your body lift procedures is when you stop losing weight.  If you are still losing weight, then keep losing it.  You will have the best result at the lightest weight.  Stay at whatever your losest weight is, and you will be ready for surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

The ideal time to do body contouring surgery is once you have reach a desired weight and have been stable at that weight for at least 3 months.  A lot of patients lose a lot of weight initially after wt. loss surgery and then gain a little back.  that's why it good to wait until your weight has stabilized.

Rigo Mendoza, MD