How long do I have to wait to get fat transfer/injections after getting restalyne in lips?

Received Restalyne 1cc to lips 18 days ago. Disappointed with volume results. 10 years ago I had 10cc's fat transfer with lasting results. Showed present Surgeon picture of this as my expectation. Tried restalyne based on surgeon recommmendation and he did not regularly perform fat transfer to lips but said he would if I wanted? I didn't feel comfortable with this so I went with Restylane. Wish I had not and found a Surgeon familiar with fat transfer to lips.

Fat Transfer to the Lips

+1
There are better options now a days than fat injections.  If you don't like the restylane, consider perlane or juvederm ultra/voulma.  Fat is unpredictable, some stays and some doesn't.  Fat has the ability to migrate and create long term reactions.  With the most recent advances in fillers, I'd suggest seeking a filler injector with more experience and forget the fat injections.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Restylane and Fat Transfer

+1
Restylane is a great product for facial volumizing.  However, if you want bigger lips you may be better off getting Juvederm injected or Perlane.  You can get fat injected now as well since you want larger lips.  For the best cosmetic results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with cosmetic facial injections.

Michele S. Green, MD