How Long Should I Wait Before Starting to Work?

I got under the muscle under the breast implant and my job consists of folding parts and picking up boxes

A week or 6 weeks if lifting

+1
You should plan to be off work for up to 5-7 days, although this can vary from person to person. However, if you need to lift stuff, then you should wait at least 6 weeks. Ask your surgeon for their advice.

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to your specific line of work. He/she will know how you're progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Generally, most patients are able to return to the “desk job” within 5 to 7 days. More strenuous work, for example involving lifting or extensive upper body movement, will require more time off.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Breast augmentation recovery varies from individual to individual depending on how your body heals. In general, I would recommend waiting to work for about 3 to 4 weeks. You may require more time to heal however since your job is strenuous. I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon about the safest amount of time for your specific healing.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Return to work after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.   Your surgeon should have gone over this in detail with you.  Most surgeons will have you wait a minimum of 4 weeks before returning to vigorous activity or heavy lifting.  That gives the body time to heal around the implants.  You should always check with your surgeon as they know how you are healing.  

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Return to work after augmentation

+1

Your surgeon should be the best one to guide you as to the return to work routine for his practice and your particular case.

When to work?

+1

Discuss with your surgeon since he/she is familiar with your specific case and situation.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Back to work guidelines will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  I have my patients remain home with very limited activity for 1 week.  Following that they can return to work however they are advised to refrain from any strenuous activity like working out or any heavy lifting for 4 weeks.  You may want to speak to your employer about returning to work for light duties.  Be sure to follow your surgeon’s specific post-operative instructions carefully

Frank Lista, MD

Recovery

+1

In terms of recovery, I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for about 3-4 weeks.   Most of my patients are comfortable to go back to a desk job in a few days after surgery. But if your work requires heavy lifting, you must take more time off.   You need to give time for your incisions and breasts to heal after surgery.  Please talk to your PS about his/her specific recommendations.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Post op activity after breast augmentation will be determined by your surgeon.

+1

Resuming job responsibilities will be discussed with you by your own surgeon. In my practice any vigorous use of the arms would require four weeks restriction.